Is there a hidden adventurer in you? An adventurer who hasn’t quite found the way out yet because it sounds a little too exciting to go out in the wild and become one with nature? Are sleeping in the wild and learning survival skills on your bucket list, but you don’t know where to start? Then our ‘New Adventures’ program is the trip for you!
In a 6-day journey, in a small group of maximum 8 participants, we will take you through the basics of survival. We’ll prepare you in our hostel with everything that you need to know and be able to do (and that’s quite a bit!) before you head out into the beautiful Swedish nature under expert guidance for a two-day trip for the ultimate back to basic experience.
What do you learn during the ‘New Adventures’ program:
- Making fire: various ways to make your own fire in nature;
- Navigation: using a compass, reading maps, preparing routes;
- Preparation for moving on foot: what to take with you and how to pack it;
- Making a bivouac: how do you make a place to spend the night and what do you take into account;
- Hygiene: safe outdoor living and cooking;
- Cooking outside: how is it done?
- As a nice bonus, you might also learn something new about yourself or your travel companions.
What we offer:
- Transport from Arlanda Stockholm to our hostel in Korskrogen and vice versa: Pick up at Arlanda on Sunday 29 April 2023 between 12.00-13.00. Drop off at Arlanda on Friday, May 5, 2023 around 2:00 PM;
- Overnight stays in our hostel during the program (except for the night you sleep outside, but belongings can of course be left behind in the room);
- Food, drinks and snacks from the moment you are picked up to the moment you are dropped off at the airport;
- Professional guidance and clear explanations and instructions during the preparation and implementation phase of the program;
- Possibility to spot wildlife in our area;
What do you still have to arrange yourself?
- A trip to Arlanda Stockholm and back home;
- Personal equipment (sufficient quality sleeping bag, mat, headlamp, etc.);
- A physical state that allows you to carry your own backpack and cover about 10 km in one day, two days in a row.
Does this get your blood pumping? Register now for the ‘New Adventures’ program. After registration and down payment, we can advise you about the flights to be booked and the necessary equipment.
Price: SEK 7500 / person
Downpayment: SEK 2500 / person